How do you connect and market to your target audience in a day and age where people are constantly distracted by their phones, social media, and the internet? Digital marketing is the answer.
Because people are spending less time in traditional marketing channels and more time in digital channels, marketers have turned to digital marketing to engage and market to customers.
To help meeting and event planners stay up to date on all that is happening in digital marketing, we’ve curated a list of the top 47 statistics you should know. Check them out.
Top 47 Digital Marketing Statistics Meeting and Event Planners Need to Know
General Digital Marketing Statistics:
- 4,083,105,000 – the estimated number of internet users across the globe (EngeniusWeb, 2019).
- 3.5 billion- the average number of internet searches per day.
- 1 in 3 – the number of international travelers that report being interesting in researching or booking their travel using a digital assistant (ThinkWithGoogle, 2017).
- 144 percent – the increase product videos reportedly have on customer purchases (HubSpot, 2019).
- 92 percent of marketers say digital and offline marketing strategies must be used together to deliver best-in-class experiences for consumers (ThinkWithGoogle, 2017).
- 88 percent of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations (Search Engine Land, 2019).
- 80 percent of people will watch a video on your website, whereas only 20 percent will read text (MySMN, 2015).
- 75 percent of marketers’ total marketing budget is projected by 2021 to be spent on digital marketing (Campaign Monitor, 2019).
- 50 percent- the increase in digital marketing budgets when compared to 2016 (OmniCore, 2019).
Search Engine Optimization (SEO):
- 95.3 percent of internet users click on one of the top four results (BlueCorona, 2019).
- 94 percent of organic traffic is accounted for by Google (HubSpot, 2019).
- 93 percent of all website traffic is produced by a search engine (Zero Limit Web, 2019).
- 90.1 percent of the total search engine market share is held by Google, beating out YouTube, Yahoo!, Bing, and Amazon (Sparkoro, 2018).
- 81 percent of consumers report searching online before making a large purchase (Junto, 2019).
- 70 to 80 percent of consumers report ignoring the paid search results and instead of clicking the organic search results (Imforza, 2019).
- 67 percent of all clicks are given to the first five results on Google (Zero Limit Web, 2019).
- 57 percent of B2B marketers reported SEO as producing more leads than any other marketing effort (Junto, 2019).
- 70 percent of millennials reported liking being able to click on a product from an ad (ThinkWithGoogle, 2017).
- 70 percent of retargeted ads users will convert (Campaign Monitor, 2019).
- 63 percent of consumers reported that they could click on a Google ad (BlueCorona, 2019).
- 58 percent of people report not clicking on ads because they were not relevant (Campaign Monitor, 2019).
- 49 percent of consumers report clicking text advertisements (BlueCorona, 2019).
- 47 percent of people use ad blockers (HubSpot, 2019).
- 96 percent of all mobile search traffic is driven by Google (HubSpot, 2019).
- 78 percent of local mobile searched resulted in a sale within just one day (Junto, 2019).
- 70 percent of people say they dislike seeing mobile ads (HubSpot, 2019).
- 69 percent of all digital media viewing time is spent on smartphones (Hubspot, 2019).
- 65 percent of people report recalling an advertainment for a brand on their mobile devices (SmartInsights, 2019).
- 61 percent of mobile searches result in “no-clicks” because of Google’s no-click feature (EngeniusWeb, 2019).
- $247 billion- the projected number for mobile ad spend in 2020 (OmniCore, 2019).
- 91 percent of U.S. companies use social media marketing as part of their digital marketing technique (Statista, 2019).
- 64 percent of online consumers said their decision was helped by seeing a video on social media (OmniCore, 2019).
- 41 percent of marketers report planning on adding video content to their Facebook strategy by 2020 (HubSpot, 2019).
- 37 billion- the projected number of global social networking ad spend (Statista, 2019).
- 28 percent of American consumers report that they would rather engage with a brand on social media than traveling to a store (Campaign Monitor, 2019).
- 81 percent of people report blogs as being a trusted resource for advice or information (OmniCore, 2019).
- 75 percent of marketers report using interactive content by 2020 (Campaign Monitor, 2019).
- 70 percent of website consumers reported wanting to learn about products through content like blogs, instead of ads (EngeniusWeb, 2019).
- 63 percent- the influence blogs have over newspapers on people’s purchasing decisions (MySMN, 2015).
- 47 percent of customers report viewing three to five pieces of content before engaging with the sales team (EngeniusWeb, 2019).
- 93 percent of B2B marketers use email marketing, more than other methods like social media, SEO, and paid search (Pinpointe, 2019).
- 91 percent of consumers report wanting to hear from businesses from email (HubSpot, 2019).
- 79 percent of B2B marketers report emails as the most effective demand gen distribution channel (EngeniusWeb, 2019).
- 72 percent of consumers report preferring to communicate with companies through emails for business transactions (OmniCore, 2019).
- 42 percent of marketers report not sending targeted emails (HubSpot, 2019).
- 3x- the number of content marketing gets in terms of leads when compared to paid search ads (Content Marketing Institute, 2017).
What do you think of these digital marketing statistics? Which one is your favorite? Did we miss any? Let us know by commenting below!